Such a beautiful view for so little effort! Hohenzollern Castle is literally a castle on the hill (cue Ed Sheeran) and this overlook gives you the best views around!
It’s a simple, easy walk – mostly paved with a little gravel at the end. There is a little incline, but so worth the climb! Once you to the overlook, there’s plenty of seating – there’s even a singular park bench just begging for you to take a seat and drink in the views!
Ok, how to get there:
Park at Berghotel Zollersteighof – Zollersteighof 2, 72461 Albstadt
The path starts behind the hotel; you’ll see a board with photos and hiking trails.
Follow the path to where it splits – take the left.
Once you’ve made the left, you keep on that path all the way to the lookout! Super easy! You will run into a guard gate, which you’ll have to go around. Apparently, people use to drive their cars nearly all the way to the lookout, so it’s just there to stop that from happening.
Most of the path a packed dirt/gravel mixture – not as smooth as pavement, but it’s not bad! No need for hiking boots for this trek!
At a leisure stroll, it should take between 20-30 minutes to reach the overlook. From there, just take in the amazing views. It really is a spectacular spot!
For those who would like the coordinates to the overlook: 48°18’45.0″N 8°58’48.5″E
Bring some warm layers or a blanket to take in the sunset! And watch the little towns below light up and twinkle after sunset!
- Bring a flashlight or headlamp if you’re going for sunset! It gets pretty dark quickly! Phones can do in a pinch, but would recommend bringing a flashlight!
- Layer up! You’ll warm up on the walk to the overlook, but it gets cold up there! Bring some layers or a blanket to cozy up!
- Be careful around the rock in the foreground. A lot of people were taking photos on it, but it’s a little bit of a fall if you lose your balance!
- Camera, camera, camera! You don’t need a fancy gadget to get a good shot, but you’ll definitely want something to capture the moment!
- The hotel has a restaurant! If you’re heading there for sunset, it’s a great place to grab a bite to eat!